This agreement releases Putney Running Club from all liability relating to injuries that may occur during any physical or social activity organised by the club. I agree to hold Putney Running Club entirely free from any liability, including financial responsibility for injuries incurred, regardless of whether injuries are caused by negligence.
I also acknowledge the risks involved in running. These include but are not limited to physical injury and financial losses. I swear that I am participating voluntarily, and that all risks have been made clear to me. Additionally, I do not have any conditions that will increase my likelihood of experiencing injuries while engaging in this activity.
By signing up and agreeing I forfeit all right to bring a suit against Putney Running Club for any reason. I will also make every effort to obey safety precautions as listed in writing and as explained to me verbally. I will ask for clarification when needed.
Putney Running Club Rules
1. No swearing, time wasting, retaliation, fighting, racism or bullying.
2. Co-operate fully, respecting all requests and decisions made by the coaches, helpers, officials
3. Be on time for training sessions, events and trips.
4. Runners must control their tempers and avoid behaviour which may inconvenience or upset others.
5. Treat fellow runners and other civilians with respect at all times (before, during and after runs).
6. Be considerate to others and work as a team.
7. Accept success and failure in a noble/ selfless way.
8. Do not purchase or consume solvents, illegal drugs of any kind or purchase or carry.
dangerous articles e.g. knives whilst representing the Club or on Club premises.
9. Do not participate in any event or training session whilst under the influence of drugs. Members shall not promote, give or sell any drugs whilst on the Club premises or participating in any Club activity.
10. Take care of all property belonging to the Club or any Club member.
11. Be responsible for caring for your own equipment, clothing and property.
1. Must wear hi-vis top for PRC winter evening club runs and other road based sessions.
2. Must be responsible for own safety when crossing road or junctions and rely on their own judgment as to whether it is safe to cross or not.
3. Should run on pavements were available and safe to do so.
4. Should run on the same side of the road as the Pace Runner.
5. Should run in single file, unless it is clear there is no risk from other road users.
6. Should run within the group pace guidelines.
7. Will only run with ear/head phones at their own risk.
8. Are recommended to use handheld or head torch but don’t dazzle other road users by pointing straight at drivers/riders.
9. Should be aware of other pavement and road users and be considerate to their needs, in particular pay attention at junctions and when crossing roads.
10.Let the pace leader know, if they are going to cut the run short or leave the group.
Advice for all runners
· Check the route programmes listed on the Club’s facebook page pinned post or get to club early and find out what runs are taking place, announcements include group leads.
· If returning from injury or illness move down from normal group, make a graded return, let run leader know your status, and run to the pace of the group.
· Wear breathable layers (not cotton) to stay warm, consider a water proof if it likely to rain/snow/hail! Try not to overdress.
· Gloves and hat will help keep warm and easy to remove if you get too warm
· Make sure you are well hydrated prior to the run.
· Watch out for pot holes and other potential hazards .e.g. overhanging brambles.
· Take extra care when near freezing, back ice can be present, avoid steep roads and those prone to dampness or surface water.
Please remember that these rules are to ensure we are all safe and that we promote a positive image of runners, running an activity and Putney Running Club, and finally that you enjoy your club runs!